Microsoft Project 2010 - Level 1
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project 2010 during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project 2010 and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
Project 2010 Level 1
Days: 1 day
Description: In this class, you will learn to create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft Project 2010.
To ensure success in the class, students should take the following classes or have equivalent knowledge prior to registering for this class:
A general introductory-level understanding of project management concepts.
Basic end-user skills with any current Windows operating system (including: Windows 7, 8, or 10).
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic 1A: Explore the Microsoft Project 2010 Environment
- Topic 1B: Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
- Topic 2A: Create a Project Plan
- Topic 2B: Assign a Project Calendar
- Topic 2C: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic 2D: Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Topic 2E: Add Resources to a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Topic 3A: Outline Tasks
- Topic 3B: Link Dependent Tasks
- Topic 3C: Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Topic 3D: Add Notes to a Task
- Topic 3E: Add a Recurring Task
Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Topic 4A: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic 4B: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic 4C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic 4D: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic 5A: Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Topic 5B: Set a Baseline
- Topic 5C: Print a Project Summary Report
Appendix A: Additional Procedures to Create a Schedule in Microsoft Project 2010