QS: Building Reports with Report Builder 3.0 (RB3)
This 1 day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to create various types of reports using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services Report Builder 3.0.
This course is intended for information workers with the need to connect to various data sources and create ad hoc reports against them.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- An understanding of the data being accessed and how we want to display that data.
- Exercise 1: Getting Started and Getting Familiar with Report Builder
- Exercise 2: Pre-Requisite Exercise—Creating a Shared Data Source
- Exercise 3: Table and Matrix Wizard—Data Sources, Data Sets, and Building a Matrix
- Exercise 4: Enhancing Your Report with Richly-Formatted Text
- Exercise 5: View Your Report from the Server
- Exercise 6: Enrich Your Report Using Charts
- Exercise 7: Enrich Your Data Visualization Using a Gauge
- Exercise 8: Modify the Tablix to Show Two Parallel Dynamic Groups
- Exercise 9: Manual Creation of a Tablix to Match Exercise 3 (Optional)
- Exercise 10: Use Query, Parameter, and Filter to Limit the Tablix Data
- Exercise 11: Creating and using Report Parts
- Exercise 12: Creating Shared Data Sets
- Exercise 13: Using the Map Wizard
- Exercise 14: Report distribution using Subscriptions