All too often, we hit "send" on an e-mail and think, "Wait, I forgot to include...." or, "Dang it, I misspelled their name", or "Oh NO! I just attached the wrong proposal". I hurry up and and try to recall the message, but it doesn't always work. There is always that quick clicker who is just too fast and opens the e-mail before I can successfully recall it.
I hate that feeling, and even worse, I hate making even the smallest mistake, not only because it makes me look less professional, but more importantly it can impact my customers, our relationship, or the deal I am trying to close.
What if I told you there was a foolproof way of preventing future e-mail regrets? Really, it is simple, brilliant actually, and literally takes less than 30 seconds to set up. 7 simple steps and you are on your way to ending your e-mail sending woes in Microsoft Office Outlook and Office 365.
The funny thing is, I have been using Outlook for years, and I didn't know about this simple step until a few months ago. I wonder, what other things am I missing with Outlook? How can I improve on what I am already doing? If you are asking yourself these questions, then we invite you to join us for an upcoming Outlook Basicor Outlook Advanced class to learn time more saving tips, tricks, and best practices. Click here for our upcoming dates.
1. IN OUTLOOK, CLICK ON FILE > INFO > MANAGE RULES AND ALERTS.
2. CLICK ON NEW RULE UNDER E-MAIL RULES OPTION.
3. SELECT OPTION APPLY RULE ON MESSAGES I SEND UNDER START FROM A BLANK RULE.
4. ON THE NEXT BOX YOU MAY CHOOSE ANY CONDITIONS TO THE RULE WHICH MEET YOUR NEED OR IGNORE IT AND PROCEED TO THE NEXT BOX.
5. IN THE NEXT BOX RULES WIZARD CHECK THE BOX DEFER DELIVERY BY A NUMBER OF MINUTES AND CLICK ON A NUMBER OF TO ADD THE TIME DELAY.
6. ON THE NEXT BOX, NAME THE RULE AND CLICK ON THE OPTION TURN ON THIS RULE.
7. CLICK FINISH TO SAVE THE SETTINGS AND CHECK IF THE RULE WORKS FINE.
Now that you delayed sending all of your e-mails (even by just 1 or 2 minutes), you now have time to go in to your Outbox and make changes to the e-mail, fixing your mistakes. See, no more regrets! Whew! Talk about a close call!
Do you like to download tips to save for later? We have you covered. Click the Image below to download our printable tech tip: